Acts 12 - 13th February, 2021
What does it say?
- Read Acts 12:1–25
- Who is mentioned?
- What happens?
- Who does what?
- How is it described?
- Are reasons given?
- Look for repeated words, phrases, ideas.
What does it mean?
- What is significant about the timing of these things? (v.3b, 4)
- Does this story connect with any others? How so?
- Why does James' death please the Jews?
- What's significant about the description of Peter's imprisonment and release? What do the details of the description emphasize?
- What significance does Herod's actions and ultimately his death show?
- What does it mean that "the word of God increased and multiplied"? Why do you think it is stated this way?
- What themes or ideas in this passage relate to the gospel and how so?
How should it change us?
- What do we learn about God from this passage?
- What can we learn from the various examples in this passage? [Consider both positive and negative examples]
- What does it look like to "give God the glory" (v. 23)?
- How can you apply these things to your life this week? How might your life look different in your home, work, and relationships?