in 2 John
2 John - September 15th 2017
Be careful to walk in truth and love.
Read 2 John v. 1-6
- Who is the author writing to and how does he feel about them? (Hint: Who or what is the elect lady?)
- Why does he feel that way about them? Who else feels this way about them?
- What is the author's main request and what does that look like? (What is the connection between truth and love?)
- What does walking in God’s commands look like practically? (Discuss this for sometime, then, read the Church Covenant which summarizes a lot of God’s commands for how we are to love one another)
- How could you grow in loving the members of Covenant Hope Church.
Read 2 John v. 7-13
- Why does John feel the need to ask them to walk in God’s commands?
- How should they treat those who don’t abide in the teaching of Christ? Why? What will their outcome be?
- Since this is addressed to a group (elect lady and her children) what does this imply that all members of the group should know?
- In what ways do we either support or not support teachers as a church? As individuals?