John 4:43-54 - 17th April 2022
- Read John 4:43-54
- Where was Jesus’ home town (what region was he from)?
- What other locations are mentioned here?
- Where do the events in verses 46-54 take place?
- What is the official’s request?
- Does Jesus answer his request?
- The themes of faith/belief are seen throughout the book of John. Where do you see those words in this passage?
What does it mean?
- What had happened in Jerusalem? (Verse 45)
- Read John 2:23-25
- Why did those people believe?
- Do you notice any other similarities between these passages?
- How do you think the Official knew that he should go to Jesus for his son to be healed?
- Why do you think Jesus says, “Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe”?
- The man seems to go to Jesus in faith, then responds with faith at Jesus’ words (verse 50), and then believes after his son his healed (verse 53).
- Do you think these are examples of different kinds of belief? Why or why not?
- How is seeing (signs, miracles) related to believing?
- What do we learn about Jesus in this passage?
How should it change us?
- If you are a Christian, why do you follow Jesus?
- What are some bad motivations that someone might call themselves a Christian?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you trusted God for something good for you or a loved one, but you didn’t see it right away?
- What was it like to live in the in-between time?
- How can we cultivate faith so we can trust God before we see him work?
- Pray in light of this passage and about any applications you have made
- Sing Christ Is Risen, He is Risen Indeed to God and to one another.